How Do Dental Implants Help You Restore Your Confidence?
They say the most attractive attire you can wear is an attractive smile. And a healthy set of teeth peeping from between your lips act like a cherry on top. Not everyone is blessed with a beautiful set of teeth. And the ones who do, some of them are not able to maintain its health and beauty.
That’s where the magic of advanced dentistry comes in.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a replica of a whole tooth (from root to crown) made out of titanium. It is surgically incorporated into the jaw. It is used to fill empty spaces on the jaw if tooth/teeth is/are missing.
Blank spaces between the teeth in the jaw make it difficult to adequate cleaning of that part of jaw. Thus, they usually lead to unhygienic oral conditions. Dental implants fill those blank spaces automatically improving oral health.
When Are Dental Implants Needed?
For people with missing teeth, dental implants Toronto are a boon they cannot thank enough for. Missing teeth not only ruins your look, but also causes a lot of oral health problems and usually lead to psychological problems as well, like lack of confidence, avoiding social interaction, low self-esteem and a ton of other complexities. Dental implants not only replace the teeth, but they also help abate the lack of confidence and self-esteem.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants help people in various ways-
- Boost in Confidence: Most of the times, dental implants help people gain the confidence that is usually tainted with the embarrassment of missing teeth. Along with ruining your over-all look, missing teeth also cause some other deformities like speech problems. Linguistics depends largely on the use of teeth and tongue. Missing teeth can hugely distort these pronunciations, becoming another reason for lack of confidence and interaction related social complexes. Dental implants are like real teeth allowing as good a speech as natural teeth.
- Better Appearance: With a beautiful and full set of teeth, your appearance gets enhanced up a notch automatically.
- Better Oral Health: It has been observed that implants actually lead to increased health of oral cavity and teeth.
- More Reliable: Dental implants are stronger and more durable and thus a more reliable replacement than a denture. They can even be used to replace an old denture which is causing trouble.
- More Hygienic: As dental implants are fitted independently, unlike bridges which are attached to other teeth, they do not form pockets which may serve as nurturing place for bacteria, resulting in extremely embarrassing bad breath! And it’s no secret that bad breath heavily impedes confidence.
Dental implant has appeared as one of the best options that the modern dentistry has to offer. But before getting a dental implant, it is very necessary to check your jaw is capable of getting an implant. For these implants your jaw has to pass certain checks like you would have to have a strong jaw, a solid and strong jaw bone, healthy gums, etc. Once your dentist is sure that your jaw can support an implant, there’s nothing in this world which can keep you from getting your confidence back which you lost with your teeth (quite literally)!!